Sunday, April 10, 2011
the lesson of the falling leaves
the leaves believe such letting go is love such love is faith such faith is grace such grace is god i agreee with the leaves - Lucille Clifton We have done several poems by this author and I have enjoyed each one. I found it very intersting that not a single word in this poem was capitalized. Usually when words are capitalized it makes them stand out more, but by having no words capitalized the whole poem stands out more. Its a short poem and the four lines in the middle of the stanza all start with such. I liked that because it gave more description. I like the message that this poem has as well, sometimes in life we have to let go in order to find love. Just like when the leaves let go of the trees when Autumn comes around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like her too. :) Good connection to the leaves letting go and our need to let go.
ReplyDelete