Let the snake wait under
his weed
and the writing
be of words, slow and quick, sharp
to strike, quiet to wait
sleepless.
-through metaphor to reconcile
the people and the stones.
Compose. (No ideas
but in things) Invent!
Saxifrage is my flower that splits
the rocks.
-William Carlos Williams
This poem is very interesting. As i'm reading it I can imagine the snake. I feel like the poem is describing the snake through its words. Words such as slow and quick, sharp to strike, quiet to wait sleepless. Through those words I see the snake as a preditor staking out its prey. (haha wow I just incorporated environmental science in with my Lit blog :) )
This poem is set up with two stanzas. I feel that the first one is all about the snake and the 2nd one is a bunch of ideas all running together. Almost like a bunch of broken thoughts. It is very interesting and makes the poem stand out.
Good look at the words. Get a little deeper into analysis. :)
ReplyDeleteHey Sadie, I really like your look into the poem. I'm not going to lie, I really didn't understand this poem. Now that I read it again, I totally see the poem going over the snake. I feel less confused now, thanks for that
ReplyDelete